One of the cool things to see from the Balloon Fiesta is all the photos and videos taken by attendees. Every year, the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta holds a photo contest. This year, the Cindy Petrehn Memorial Photo Contest is sponsored by Canon.
The photo contest opens on Saturday, October 5. The link to submit is available: https://balloonfiesta.com/Photo-Contest-Rules. (NOTE: Contest link added on 10/15/19.)
Categories for photo submissions:
- Kids at Balloon Fiesta Photo Entry
- Dawn Patrol/Balloon Glow Photo Entry
- Mass Ascension Photo Entry
- Special Shape Rodeo Photo Entry
- AfterGlow Fireworks Photo Entry
Official Entry Rules
- All entries must be submitted on-line
- All entries are subject to a $5 entry fee
- All entries must be a JPEG image with a maximum size of 5 megabytes.
- We are now allowing more than one entry per category per person! You can enter as many photos as you wish.
- Photographs MUST be taken from October 5th through 13th, 2019. Photographs may be of any of the above categories related to the 2019 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta presented by Canon.
- Photo submissions will be accepted October 5th through October 31st.
- Photographs must be taken and owned by entrant. Entries become the property of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, Inc. and AIBF will have free reproduction rights.
- Photos must not be excessively processed or enhanced using chemical or digital post- processing techniques or software.
- Any taxes applicable to the prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
- AIBF employees and their immediate family members are not eligible.
- Winners will be announced mid-November.
- Grand Prize winner receives a Canon EOS RP RF 24-105mm camera with lens
- First place winners in each category receive a Canon EOS M6(BK) camera
- Second place winners in each category receive a 2019 Balloon Fiesta Jacket
- Third place winners in each category receive an Official Event Poster from the 2019 Balloon Fiesta.
As a credentialed media blogger, I will not participate in the photo contest, but I will still be posting my photos through this website and Instagram.