Today, we head to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Our reservation for the RV camping goes from today through Monday, October 14. Though events don’t start until Saturday, October 5, we’ll use the coming days to get used to dry camping at such a large event.
RV information for this year
- The RV facilities accept RVs starting Monday before the Balloon Fiesta at 8:00 AM- 6:45 PM. Don’t arrive after sunset or you will be staged for parking in the morning.
- The nights of Monday through Thursday before the Balloon Fiesta (09/30-10/03) are half price nights at the site in which you select.
- Check-in hours after Friday ,10/04 are 12:00 noon to 6:45 PM. It is strongly recommended that you arrive prior to 3:00 PM on days other than Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday to avoid heavy traffic congestion.
- The RV facilities close the Monday,10/14, after the end of Balloon Fiesta at 11:00 AM.
- There is a 3rd party vendor available for pumping and fills at an additional cost per service and they only accept Cash.
- Every year, RV reservations open 9 days after the current event for the next year. This year, reservations open on October 22, 2019, for the 2020 Balloon Fiesta.
RV sites and types
RV spaces are 19 feet in width and 50 feet in depth. These are the 2019 sites and prices. The RV sites were so popular this year, the Balloon Fiesta closed the waiting list after 2600 requests.
- STANDARD: $40.00 per night (dry camping) (South RV Lot)
- BOX VIEW: $50.00 per night (dry camping) (South RV Lot)
- PREMIUM: $95.00 per night (30Amp and water connection) (South RV Lot)
- VIP West/East: $100.00 per night (dry camping, adjacent to the Launch Field with 2 entry passes included valid during your stay.)
- PRESIDENT’S COMPOUND: $250.00 per night (Sites on a bluff overlooking the Launch Field with city water pressure and 30-50 Amp RV Hook-up, this site also includes 4 entry passes to the Launch Field valid during your stay.)
The Balloon Fiesta does “Rally Style” parking at all sites. You are parked as you arrive. Disconnect your tow vehicle prior to arrival at the reservation booth.
The RV experience
As this is our first time RV camping at the Balloon Fiesta, we’ll have an in-depth review of our experience afterwards. Look for it the week after the Fiesta is over. We’ll make sure it is posted before the 2020 registration opens on 10/22/19! 🙂
One thought on “New Mexico: On our way to the Balloon Fiesta”
Continued safe travels, enjoy your time there, looking forward to lots of wonderful pictures